Colombia Huila Timaná
Tropical fruit and hibiscus liftoff, caramel re-entry.
- Colombia Huila Timaná region
- Aspro Timaná producer group
- Washed Process
- 1350-1900 meters elevation
- Caturra, Colombia, Red Bourbon, Gesha, Castillo varieties
- 10oz whole bean specialty coffee
The municipality of Timaná is located in the south of Huila, one of the most important coffee regions in Colombia. ASPRO Timaná received significant investment from UK specialty roasters (along with a sustained focus on quality) that has positioned ASPRO Timaná as one of the highest-quality players in the Colombian coffee world.
Timaná was founded by Pedro de Añazco. The town is known as ‘Villa de la Gaitana’ - Gaitana was a female native who led the Timaná Tribe against the Spanish conquistadors in 16th century.